19 May 2012

The Flanagans

On my previous archive visit, when I first identified the Rolwichs, I found that Margaret Raulinitis had married a Flanagan and had several children.  I ran out of time, though, before I could take it any farther than that.  Filtering through a common name like Flanagan is considerably more difficult.  This time around, I planned to take it one generation further.

The Flanagan Branch
It was actually easier than I had expected.  I just searched for marriage records, and then used the information on them to find their children.  Since the bride and groom's parents appear on marriage records, it's easy to confirm when you've got a match.  I was able to add another 14 people to tree!  And I didn't even turn up anything for 2 of the 5 Flanagan children.  There were no death records for them, though, so my guess is that I just missed them.  But since I've got 11 to locate in the generation between about 1960 and 1980 already, I thought I'd just leave it for now.  The way things are shaping up, I could have dozens of living Scottish relatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment