06 September 2014

Edinburgh Gazette

The Gazette is an incredible resource!! Especially now, since it has been digitized for the 21st century. Apparently it was recently revamped, top to bottom. They've got a couple of excellent videos that explain what it's all about.

What is it?


How do you search it?


I've only scratched the surface using the search, but I got three hits for Kisielius right away. It looks like two Kisielius brother were involved in baking. I've come across Varpas before, I believe. And I've certainly come across Vincent and Anthony, though I've never conclusively linked them to the family. I'll need to see what I can turn up.

Varpas Baking Company

It appears that a couple years later "Anthony" (Antanas) became a naturalized British citizen. Maybe I can request naturalization records.

Naturalization, 1931

And finally, on 22 October 1935, there's something about a "Trust Deed" that I don't understand. The notice is written by G.C. Paterson, and says that Anthony granted the deed. Is he the creditor? Or is he the debtor?

From the Edinburgh Gazette, 22 October 1935, pg 882

No comments:

Post a Comment