01 June 2014

Meeting the Cassells

As I said already, I've been quite negligent about keeping this blog up to date. At the start of March I met some "long lost" relatives from the Kisielius line and didn't even get around to posting anything about it here! We had them over for lunch and it was a really lovely time. They even lent me some old photos (many of the same ones that Veronica sent photocopies of previously, but many new ones as well), plus they let me borrow Jonas Kisielius' Tsarist Russian military passbook from over 100 years ago! I've made scans and will post them soon.

Helen, me, Veronica
(second cousins, twice removed)

We've been planning to meet up again, but it's been a while since we've all been in the same country. Veronica has a home in California and Helen has one in Spain.

NOTE: Actually, it's quite misleading to title this post "Meeting the Cassells" because neither Helen nor Veronica carries that name. "Cassells" and "Cassels" were the names that the Kisielius group adopted here in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment