14 August 2019

Povilauskas / Hebenstreit

Last week I found Helen Povilauskas in the New York City marriage record index. I just happened to be in NY over the weekend, so I stopped in to the Municipal Archive to search their microfilm records. Since I had the index number, it only took a few minutes.

They keep a copy of the affidavit, the license, and the certificate -- which mostly all have the same information on them. The records didn't show me anything I didn't know already, since I had already identified Helen's parents on the census. I was hoping the marriage record might have their actual names, but unfortunately it still only listed the Anglicized forms - "Constance" and "Leo" - as well as a corrupted version of her mother's maiden name, "Matulinkie". Anyway, it was interesting to see signatures written in their own hands, including Helen's younger sister, who signed as Mildred "Palas".

Affidavit

License

Certificate

No comments:

Post a Comment